Monday, April 6, 2015

Covered Snaps

Here is a quick tutorial on how to cover snaps.  Here are the materials I used.  Scraps from my fashion fabric silk lining, waxed thread, and snaps.

 My snap separated.
I cut a rough circle shape around each snap, giving some allowance.
 I hand sewed a small running stitch around the lining edge with the snap placed face down.
Pulled up the thread, not to tight.
 Snap the uncovered snap to the covered snap.  This gives you the desired looseness necessary to close the snap.
 Unsnap the snap and see the ease, without this the snap will not close.  Trust me on this one.
Do a running stitch around the snap mate. 
Pull up the running stitch.
 I stab a needle down through the center of this snap.

 Working the middle through the fabric.  Otherwise, the snap will not close.
Hopefully, this picture shows how I sewed the snap on.  I centered the snap behind the button for added support.
 Without this snap my pocket would droop.  Being that it is a decent size I thought it would be more aesthetically pleasing with the snap.
You can see a little with me wearing the jacket that the pockets stay put.  Yes, I love to wear jeans with my jacket as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment