Friday, June 13, 2014

Susan Khalje "The Classic French Jacket" Day 4

Day 4:  final fitting in fashion fabric, Make adjustments, clean up seams, feLl stitch lining in place

Every fabric behaves differently and in my case I needed to let out the bust area a little.  That is why large seam allowances are great! 




On my fitting adjustments; the bust area was let out, we also raised my neck edge front and back ½”.  Side seams were given ½” as well for more wearing ease. 



My shoulders were adjusted a bit on the bodice front pieces I think about ½” again.   I am also a symmetrical so adjustments are on going for me.   Interesting how the fashion fabric and quilting tightens up the fabric. 


 My back turned out great, with just a little ease adjustment across the back. 

Clean up the seams and onto Fell stitching the lining.  



Hard to show but after the seams were cleaned up you basically over lap the lining and fell stitch along seam line.  


My vest all cleaned up with the appropriate ease.  


So happy with the fit.  This at these shows you the process I went through.  Exciting news follows.......





No comments:

Post a Comment