Saturday, June 14, 2014

Susan Khalje "The Classic French Jacket" Day 5

Day 5:  Sleeves, Neckline, Plaid


Onto the sleeves.  At the time I really didn't understand doing the body of the garment first, but at this point it made a lot of sense.  Put together the shoulder seams and hand basted my muslin sleeve in. 



 My muslin sleeve with plaid marked at the top and fitting changes.  


 We then created a three piece sleeve out of the adjusted muslin.  

 . 
        Then added a tab.  

 I laid out my muslin sleeve on my fabric, matching my plaid.  I really did not fuss with the under sleeve.  Cut around the pieces giving good seam allowances.  Then placed the pieces on top of the lining, with the lining facing downwards.  My lining looks white on the wrong side.  

Follow the same procedure for the body of the jacket. Quilt the lining to the fabric, sew up the seams, and fell stitch the lining.

Front Shot
Back Shot
                                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment