Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Susan Khalje "The Classic French Jacket" Day 1

I don't know if you have ever binge watched a favorite TV or movie series, but I wanted to share my class experience going to Susan Khalje's "Classic French Jacket Class."  This was so much fun and I only wish everyone could have the opportunity to go to one of Susan's classes.  So enjoy!

 Day 1:  Shopping in NYC

We met at Susan’s husbands business, “Khalje rugs”.  This is the back entrance where we arrived daily.



Took all my sewing stuff up to our work space, where we will be sewing all week.  Funny walking in and not knowing a soul, when at the end of the week we were all on first name basis!


We then piled into a van and journeyed to NYC.


My trip of 9 ½ hours the previous day caught up with me, and my fellow travelers took pity on me and let me sit more forward.  I was really feeling a bit woosey.


Susan gave us a couple of jackets to wet our appetites.  The jackets were beautifully done and fun to examine on the way into the city. 


Susan entertaining us while driving to NYC.


The New York Skyline coming into view!


The expensive and narrow Holland tunnel.


At last we arrived at the incredible Mendel Goldberg  Fabrics NYC!  


Mendel Goldberg Fabric; here I am with Alice, owner and woman of extraordinary taste.  She not only gave a history of her shop but patiently helped us find the right fabric and lining combinations.  Alice and her staff were such a pleasure to work with.  The fabrics were so beautiful, and there was such a wide variety.  Hard not to find multiple combinations of boucle and linings.


Boucles
Boucles




Linings
Linings




Fabric and linings chosen, then uptown to M & J Trimming.


This store had an incredible assortment of trims to coordinate with our fabrics.



.......... and a few buttons to choose from.  Drive back to Baltimore and fall asleep clutching fabric, lining, trim and buttons.  Susan has the rest of the materials for us in her shop.  Keep following big news at the end.......






No comments:

Post a Comment