Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Designs


You can always tell a fabric from Alice's!
Quote:  Me

       
              
Each of these designs were made with fabrics from Mendel Goldberg, NYC.  I made the Black and White Jacket and Dress at Susan Khalje's "The Classic French Jacket" and "The Couture Sewing" school.   I cannot say enough about both.  Susan's eye to fit and taste is the best I have ever come across.  Alice, the owner of Mendel Goldberg's, and her lovely daughter Alex taste in fabrics is exceptional.  All these women are very classy and patient.  I know!


                                   




















I have to show these linings, again from Mendel Goldberg Fabrics.  Alice has the most beautiful silks I have ever seen.   I used just a touch of the silk in lining my skirt, as I put in two front zippers.  I will go over the blue suit and skirt next week.
Leisa, at "A Challenging Sew" also has many wonderful examples of fabrics and techniques from Mendel Goldberg. 


Here is the URL to Alice's:  http://www.mendelgoldbergfabrics.com
Here is the URL to Susan's:  http://www.susankhalje.com

Being fit by Susan is well worth the visit to Baltamore for one of her classes, but if you can not make that I would highly recommend Susan's "Classic French Jacket" coming out soon.  I am counting the days.... 

             

No comments:

Post a Comment