Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Journey of the Perfect French Jacket

 

Here is my journey in creating my versatile, fun French jacket?  First, I gathered various details and silhouettes.




 I came across a jacket with this pretty detail in the back.  Not only did I use this back vent, but it gives a little ease in the hip area.






Image 2 I loved this sleeve that Leisa at www.achallengingsew.com posted under "Tracey's French Jacket of Wonder." Check out Traceys blog at www.featherstitchavenue.com for more incredible creations and photography to die for! 





 I wanted my jacket to be versatile like this picture, being able to dress it up or throw over jeans.  Cute and youthful.   















I just about jumped out of my seat when watching "Million Dollar Americans" working on my jacket.  I swear this is the same fabric that I purchased from Mendel Goldbergs, NYC.  At least it looks very similar to me.  This was definitely a sign and more age appropriate for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment